Yogi Berra was one of the all time great catchers. Later in his career he played out field and third base; the catcher is baseball’s most physically demanding position. There was no set way to pitch to Berra. He seemed to be able to hit any type of pitching style. To come up with these sayings, a person has to be very bright.
1. If they don’t want to come to to the game, there’s no way you gonna stop them.
2. Nobody comes here anymore; it’s too crowded.
3. It ain’t over, till it’s over.
4. About 65% of baseball is pitching; and the other half is hitting and speed.
5. When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
6. After a banquet Yogi said; “thank you all for making this day necessary.”
7. Dialogue. A friend asked, hey Yogi, what time is it? Berra said, “Do ya mean right now? “
8. I loved the performance of the New York Symphony. But who is this guy named Phil Harmonic?
9. To take how good these cookies are, all you have to do is eat them.
10. This company pays you off in cash, which is just as good as money.
11. Mickey Mantle could hit both right and left handed. He was naturally amphibious.